My area of focus in school is history . The reason why I picked history because , I was told it can help prepare me for my law career. I’m getting tired of history, but if that’s going to help me in my future than I’m willing to stick with it. At the time I’m not sure of what I want my thesis project to be, but I’m thinking about it.
Madelyn – what kind of law are you interested in practicing? Are you interested in defending people who have been accused of crimes, or prosecuting them, or helping children/minors who need legal support, or working for a business, or thinking about intellectual property (protecting people’s ideas or patents), or … ? I’m interested in knowing where your interest in law comes from, and in what you would hope to accomplish in that field.
Spring Break Assignment .
1. I watched an interview on CNN about how names affect your success.
Link : http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/living/2010/09/29/am.spurlock.freakonomics.cnn.html
2. I read the chapter in Freakonomics about names .
” Freakonomics Chapter 6 Summary: Would a Roshanda by Any Other Name Smell as Sweet?”
3. I’m thinking of using the medium of film to show my final project. I talked to my mom because, she is a filmmaker and she gave me some suggestions.
4. After posting my flow link on FB no one commented it , but I asked my friends what they though about the whole name idea and showing it through a film, and they thought it was cool . They gave me some good suggestions as well.
EX: ” Make sure you compare names of all races , so people won’t feel a certain way , or offended after watching your short film”
5. For the category’s I choose interest. At the moment I’m not really sure what I want to classify this whole thing as, so I will just stick with that. and now Im going to go comment three peoples final project links : )
What are you trying to show about names? What’s the point you want to get across? I think a names are interesting to study, what made you choose that?
I think that the names idea is very interesting and Freakonomics is a great reference to help you because the book talks a lot about how your name is a reflection on your economic status, race, job status, etc.
I love how, even though you don’t really like history and not interested in it, you’re still very determined to stay with it.
M – can you post here what your problem/question is? And how is your work different from what’s been done in Freakonomics?
Pingback: Reggie’s Spring Break Book Response « Flow // - April 28, 2011
Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:
You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Twitter account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Facebook account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Google+ account. ( Log Out / Change )
Connecting to %s
Notify me of new comments via email.